Within the Faculty of Administration and Public Management there are four research centers:
- Center for Research in Administration and Public Services (CCASP)
- The International Public Management Center (CIMP)
- Research Center for Macroeconomic and Regional Forecasting (PROMAR)
- Public Policy Support Center (CSPP)
The Center for Research in Administration and Public Services (CCASP) was set up in 2006 on the basis of funding from the CEEX project entitled “Research on how to develop competitive and intelligent cities in knowledge-based societies”. Among the areas of interest of the research center are: public administration, public services, eGovernment, public policies, public management, urban management, regional development, etc.
The objectives of the Center are:
(1) development of research in the field of public administration and services through fundamental studies and research, applicative research, advanced technological research, continuous training, consultancy and expertise, etc., according to the scientific competence of the members of the center and the most recent development trends ;
(2) promoting international cooperation and participation in European integration programs in the field of higher education and scientific research;
(3) support specific activities to promote fundamental and applied research in the field of public administration, to international standards, through internal and international conferences, seminars and scientific workshops, didactic and scientific publications, affiliations to professional associations, etc.
Additional information about research activities, members of the center, projects carried out, etc. can be obtained by accessing the center page at: http://ccasp.ase.ro/
The International Public Management Center (CIMP) is the first interdisciplinary research structure set up in Romania in the field of public management. The Center was created in 2006 as part of a CEEX project and is part of the International Public Management Network and is open to partnerships with universities, public and private organizations in the country and abroad.
The main areas of research and consultancy are: public management, comparative public administration, human resources management, project management, public services, public policy, econometrics, managerial informatics, statistics, sociology, international organizations management, etc.
The main objectives of the Center are:
(1) to promote the Romanian public management school in the national and international debates;
(2) creation and development of internal and international partnerships with universities, public institutions and authorities, international consultancy firms and similar public management centers in other states;
(3) Stimulating the transfer of know-how and best practices in the field of public management from other states to public institutions and authorities in Romania and vice versa;
(4) the involvement of young PhD students, master students, assistants, students and the development of their research potential;
(5) increasing the capitalization of the results of scientific and applied research as a result of the development of collaboration with public institutions and authorities in Romania and other states and the integration in international research networks.
Additional information about research activities, members of the center, projects carried out, etc. can be obtained by accessing the center page at: http://www.cicmp.ase.ro/
The Center for Research for Macroeconomic and Regional Forecasting (PROMAR) was set up at the beginning of 2007, with the macroeconomic forecast (sustainable economic growth, macroeconomic correlations, sectoral developments, sectoral-regional correlation, Romania-EU gaps, European integration) as the main areas of scientific interest; forecasting and regional development (regional economic growth, convergence – regional competitiveness, territorial cooperation, employment, internal and external migration, impact of investments, regional clusters, etc.) as well as modeling, scenarios, strategies, international comparisons, economic prospecting, etc.
The Center established relations of collaboration with other research centers within the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest, with research institutes within the Romanian Academy, the National Institute of Statistics, the National Prognosis Commission, the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration. At international level, cooperation agreements have been established with the Regional Applications Laboratory (REAL) – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Economic Geography and Geoinformatics – Wirtschaftsuniversität Vienna, Laboratoire d’Economie et Gestion – University of Bourgogne, Dijon, Research Center of Regulatory Science – George Mason University and so on.
Additional information about research activities, members of the center, projects carried out, etc. can be obtained by visiting the center of the web at http://promar.ase.ro/
The Public Policies Support Center (CSPP) was created by the Institute for Public Policy together with the Department of Administration and Public Management of the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest, with the aim of providing all those interested with access to resources and the possibility of receiving assistance free technology in the preparation and evaluation of a public policy.
Interested individuals can strengthen their knowledge through the services provided by the center, but also by getting in touch with practitioners from the institute, who are effectively working on public policy assessment at both local and central government level. The center offers free access to one of the country’s richest libraries, with public policy papers, and provides visitors with access to online resources on public policy issues. Specialists from the center can recommend different forms of education with this specialization, both in Bucharest and in the country. The Center offers the opportunity to participate in public policy courses with specialized trainers and leading practitioners in the field of public policy.
Additional information about the Center’s activities, facilities it provides, book availability, access to electronic resources, etc. can be obtained from the center page at: http://www.ipp.ro/central-de-support-policy-publice/